4-H: Developing all youth to reach their fullest potential
The 4-H enables youth to have fun, meet new people, learn new life-skills, build self-confidence, learn responsibility, and set and achieve goals! Youth learn by doing and receive an award for a project.
- Members can range from age 5 to age 18
- 4-H starts on a club level, then moves onto a county, district, state, national and international level.
- 4-H offers such a wide range of projects, programs and activities that every member can do well in 4-H.
- Parents, volunteers, community leaders, and Extension staff share their time and talents with 4-H youth.
The Men’s Garden Club has created an endowment to directly support the 4K , Camp Cherry Lake, and other programs as The Men’s Garden Club of Jacksonville 4-H Endowment grows.
About Camp Cherry Lake
Camp Cherry Lake is for 4-H members are between 8-13 years of ages. It is a place to grow, find peace, and make friends. Located on scenic Cherry Lake are rustic cabins, an open-air pavilion, and a dining hall are nestled among live oaks on a gently sloping bank.
Florida 4-H Camping supports the mission of 4-H Youth Development by using a learn-by-doing approach to help youth gain the knowledge and skills they need to be responsible, productive citizens. This mission is accomplished by creating safe and inclusive environments, involving caring adults, and utilizing the expertise and resources of the University of Florida and those of the nationwide land-grant university system.
Camping provides an intensive learning environment focused on four essential elements of positive youth development:
- BELONGING • INDEPENDENCE • MASTERY • GENEROSITY